May 2-3 & 8-10
Essex, CT *Featuring Percy
Blowing Rock, NC
Union, IL *Featuring Percy
October 17 & 24-25 & 31
Duluth, MN *Featuring Percy
August 1-2 & 7-9
Chattanooga, TN *Featuring Percy
Spencer, NC *Featuring Percy
Virginia City, NV
New Haven, KY
November 1 & 7-8
All aboard! Your tickets are purchased, and your little engineer is ready for a birthday celebration with Thomas!
Some helpful tips before the event:
- Come prepared to spend the day – There will be lots of activities to keep your children busy
- Please arrive at the boarding area 15 minutes prior to train departure time. Stroller parking available before you hop on.
- Food and snack vendors are onsite, but feel free to bring your own lunch!
Day Out With Thomas™ is an exciting event that offers families the unique opportunity to take a ride with Thomas the Tank Engine™ and play all day at heritage railroads across the country.
Most Railroads open at 9am so be sure to explore all that the event has to offer. Please check your confirmation email for more details on site times and additional activities.
- Take a train ride with Thomas the Tank Engine™
- The time on your ticket is the train departure. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior
- Meet Sir Topham Hatt, the Director of the Sodor Railway
- Schedules will be posted onsite for photo op times
- Pick up your DOWT Passport to Adventure to take you around the event
- Enjoy Storytelling and Entertainment
- Unlimited Play, Unlimited Fun!
- Explore the Imagination Station chock full of Thomas activities
- Play with the Newest Thomas toys and MEGA Bloks in the Play Pod
- Get creative with arts & crafts
- Get a temporary tattoo of your child’s favorite engine
- Day Out With Thomas Gift Shop with Exclusive Items
- Additional Activities vary per Railroad but may also include:
- Live Entertainment: Sing-a-longs, magicians, Ask an Engineer Booth
- Group Activities: Bean Bag Toss, Mini Golf, Hay Bale Maze
- Additional Experiences: Bubbles, Petting Zoo, Face Paint
- Inflatable Fun: Bounce Houses and Toby, Nia, or Percy Inflatable photo ops!
- Museum Components: Heritage Railway Historical Artifacts
- Experiential Retail: Pick your very own exclusive MINI’s pack
GENERAL EVENT QUESTIONS
When should we arrive for our train ride with Thomas?
Event sites open early, but please arrive at the boarding area 15 minutes prior to train departure time.
Is there assigned seating on the train?
You can pick your seat! Guests can select their preferred train car to ride in.
How long is the train ride?
Approximately 20-25 minutes.
What if there is inclement weather?
Day Out With Thomas events take place rain or shine.
Will Sir Topham Hatt be there?
Yes! Sir Topham Hatt has scheduled meet and greets throughout the day.
Are strollers permitted?
Strollers are permitted on the Day Out With Thomas event site. Before boarding the train, there is a designated “stroller parking” area.
Are pets allowed?
Service dogs are welcomed.
How do I find out about other events?
Start planning your next Thomas & Friends outing by discovering more exciting Thomas events & attractions listed here, including Thomas Land at Edaville Family Theme Park and Thomas Town at Kennywood!
Where can I find the tour schedule and purchase tickets?
Click here for tour dates and tickets for US and Canada locations! Select the railroad location to view train times and purchase tickets for your day out.
Who needs tickets?
Tickets are required for guests ages two and up.
How Many train times are included in the ticket?
Each ticket includes 1 train ride and unlimited access to event activities
What is included in the ticket price?
A ticket for Day Out With Thomas includes the train ride with Thomas, as well as unlimited access to play areas, app stations, entertainment, and much more. Additional activities vary per railroad but may include bounce houses, mini golf, bean bag toss, face painting, and musical entertainment.
Ticket proceeds also support preserving the Great Historical Railroads!
How will I receive my tickets?
If you select the TicketFast option, you can download and print your tickets at home! Otherwise, tickets can be picked up at Will Call the day of the event.
Do you recommend purchasing tickets in advance?
Due to the popularity of Day Out With Thomas, advance ticket purchase is highly recommended. It is common for train times to sell out. When purchasing tickets you will be asked to select a specific date and time for your ride with Thomas. Your ticket is valid only for that date and time.
Are there any refunds?
There will be no refunds or exchanges.