Coming To A City Near You!
Check below for tour locations.
All aboard! Your tickets are purchased, and your little engineer is ready for a birthday celebration with Thomas!
Some helpful tips before the event:
- Come prepared to spend the day – There will be lots of activities to keep your children busy
- Please arrive at the boarding area 15 minutes prior to train departure time. Stroller parking available before you hop on.
- Food and snack vendors are onsite, but feel free to bring your own lunch!
Day Out With Thomas™ is an exciting event that offers families the unique opportunity to take a ride with Thomas the Tank Engine™ and play all day at heritage railroads across the country.
Most Railroads open at 9am so be sure to explore all that the event has to offer. Please check your confirmation email for more details on site times and additional activities.
- Take a train ride with Thomas the Tank Engine™
- The time on your ticket is the train departure. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior
- Meet Sir Topham Hatt, the Director of the Sodor Railway
- Schedules will be posted onsite for photo op times
- Pick up your DOWT Passport to Adventure to take you around the event
- Enjoy Storytelling and Entertainment
- Unlimited Play, Unlimited Fun!
- Explore the Imagination Station chock full of Thomas activities
- Play with the Newest Thomas toys and MEGA Bloks in the Play Pod
- Get creative with arts & crafts
- Get a temporary tattoo of your child’s favorite engine
- Day Out With Thomas Gift Shop with Exclusive Items
- Additional Activities vary per Railroad but may also include:
- Live Entertainment: Sing-a-longs, magicians, Ask an Engineer Booth
- Group Activities: Bean Bag Toss, Mini Golf, Hay Bale Maze
- Additional Experiences: Bubbles, Petting Zoo, Face Paint
- Inflatable Fun: Bounce Houses and Toby, Nia, or Percy Inflatable photo ops!
- Museum Components: Heritage Railway Historical Artifacts
- Experiential Retail: Pick your very own exclusive MINI’s pack
- Are masks required to attend the event?
If recommended or required by local health officials or the railroad, please prepare to bring a suitable face mask/covering to wear at the event.
- Do I need to purchase tickets in advance?
For the safety of all visitors, we do require advance purchase of tickets to properly accommodate capacity restrictions. Walk-up sales will not be available.
- What safety measures are you putting in place for the event?
Each venue will work with local officials and will incorporate enhanced safety measures according to state and local guidance, including limited capacity, increased cleaning procedures, limited-contact Guest Services, and clear social distancing markers. If you have additional safety questions relating to your venue, please reach out to DayOutWithThomas@Mattel.com and we will respond quickly.
- How are you limiting capacity?
Each event will open with guest capacity restrictions to limit density and comply with state and local guidelines. Limited entry and physical distancing will be implemented throughout the venue.
- How are you ensuring social distancing throughout the event and on the train ride?
In addition to operating at a limited capacity, directional signage will be installed to assist guests to responsibly move throughout the site. Moreover, ground markings will also be installed to allow for proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location.
- Is the event going to be the same?
We have adapted or suspended some elements of the experience to ensure that health and safety are suitably maintained. For example, toy play may not be available, but hands-free activities and live entertainment will be part of all events.
- What is included in the ticket price?
A ticket for Day Out With Thomas includes the train ride and photo op with Thomas. Your ticket is also a site pass with access to hands-free activities, live entertainment, ‘Imagination Station’ take-home activity bag or exclusive online pintables, free party favor, Day Out With Thomas pop-up gift shop with exclusive toys, and an appearance from Sir Topham Hatt. Additional outdoor hands-free activities and museum access may vary per railroad location. Percy train ride tickets are an additional offering at select events.
Ticket proceeds also support preserving the Great Historical Railroads!
- How long is the train ride with Thomas?
Train ride lengths may vary between 25-45 minutes per location. New this year is an interactive-listening story during the train ride where children can follow along to earn their official Travel Badge by helping Thomas. Determination, Focus, Knowledge, Teamwork and Fun are all part of being a Really Useful Friend during your ride with Thomas!
- What is your refund policy?
If events are cancelled or rescheduled due to COVID-19 related issues, you are able to obtain a refund. If you would like to consider donating your refund to your local heritage railroad, click here!
COVID-19 WARNING: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By attending a Day Out With Thomas event you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.