Events Coming Soon Near You
Check below for tour locations as they are announced.
- Are masks required to attend the event?
If recommended or required by local health officials or the railroad, please prepare to bring a suitable face mask/covering to wear at the event. For York-Durham, masks are required inside the Ski Resort, on shuttle buses and on the train ride.
- Do I need to purchase tickets in advance?
For the safety of all visitors, please purchase tickets in advance so that we can properly accommodate capacity restrictions. Should you have questions, please contact your railroad venue directly.
- What safety measures are you putting in place for the event?
Each venue will work with local officials and will incorporate enhanced safety measures according to state and local guidance, including limited capacity, limited-contact Guest Services, and social distancing. If you have additional safety questions relating to your event, please contact your railroad venue directly.
- How are you limiting capacity?
Each event will open with guest capacity restrictions according to state and local guidelines to limit density. Limited entry and physical distancing will be implemented throughout the venue.
- How are you ensuring social distancing throughout the event and on the train ride?
In addition to operating at local capacity restrictions, the event will be designed around physical distancing so that guests can responsibly move throughout the event and while on the train ride.
- Is the event going to be the same?
We have adapted or suspended some elements of the experience to ensure that health and safety are suitably maintained. For example, toy play may not be available, but hands-free activities and entertainment will be part of all events.
- What is included in the ticket price?
A ticket for Day Out With Thomas includes the train ride and photo op with Thomas. Your ticket is also a site pass with access to visit all 4 Party Stations, hands-free activities, lawn games, live entertainment, Day Out With Thomas pop-up gift shop with exclusive toys, and an appearance from Sir Topham Hatt. Additional outdoor hands-free activities and museum access may vary per railroad location. Percy train ride tickets are an additional offering at select events.
Ticket proceeds also support preserving the Great Historical Railroads!
- How long is the train ride with Thomas?
Train ride lengths may vary between 20-45 minutes per location. New this year is an interactive-listening story during the train ride where children can follow along to earn their official Travel Badge by helping Thomas. Determination, Focus, Knowledge, Teamwork and Fun are all part of being a Really Useful Friend during your ride with Thomas!
- What if my event is cancelled or rescheduled?
The health and well-being of our guests, volunteers, employees and partners is our first priority. If an event if cancelled, TicketWeb will contact customers with instructions regarding the refund process. If an event is rescheduled, you will receive an email from TicketWeb with your automatically rescheduled tickets on the new event date and time. If you are not able to attend the rescheduled date or time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding ticket changes or refunds. Thank you for your understanding and please stay healthy.
- What is your refund policy?
If events are cancelled or rescheduled due to COVID-19 related issues, TicketWeb will send you an email with further information.
For further questions about your Day Out With Thomas event, contact your local railroad venue directly or email@example.com
York-Durham Heritage Railway additional Info & FAQs
- All guests are required to check-in and park at Dagmar Ski Resort on 1220 Lake Ridge Rd, Uxbridge, ON L9P 1R4, Canada. https://www.skidagmar.com/
- There is a parking fee of $20 per car issued by the Ski Resort. (Cash Only)
- Guests are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccine. There will be rapid testing available on site for a charge of $24.99 (Credit Cards Accepted). Once guests check out, they will receive a wrist band indicating they have been screened.
- All DOWT activities will take place inside the ski resort.
- Guests will board shuttle buses at Dagmar to head to the railroad at 19 Railway Street (approximately 10 minutes away) for their scheduled Train Ride with Thomas and Thomas photos. Shuttles will run every 15 minutes.
- There will not be any parking available at the railroad and guests will not be able to enter via 19 Railway Street. All guests must register and check in at Dagmar Ski Resort and must take shuttles to gain entrance to the railway.
- What if I don’t pass my test?
- Per government mandate, guests will not be permitted to enter or attend the event should someone test positive.
- Guests can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with ticket changes or refund requests.
- What if I miss my train?
- The Railroad understand things happen and will do their best to accommodate everyone. Families may have to wait for the next available train time, but there is no guarantee for availability due to restricted capacity regulations. It is suggested that guests arrive 45 minutes prior to their scheduled train time to avoid any complications.
- What if my family check’s in at the Resort but wants to drive themselves to the Railway?
- There will not be any parking available. Guests will not be able to enter until they check-in at the ski resort and are cleared.
- How often will shuttles run?
- Every 15 minutes
COVID-19 WARNING: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By attending a Day Out With Thomas event you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.